Know your rights if your money is forfeited or seized by the police. A person who has had their money forfeited or seized must take immediate action to protect their rights. You are required by law to mail or hand-deliver a written response to the Complaint filed in this action to the lawyer for the Plaintiff.

If you have received a summons, a copy of your answer must be mailed or hand-delivered to the state’s lawyer within thirty (30) days from the date on the summons and petition are served, or a judgment by default may be entered against you for the currency and property or other relief demanded in the petition or complaint. You must also file the original of your response with the Clerk of the Court within a reasonable time afterward.

Khalaf & Nguyen can work on your behalf if your money has been forfeited or seized.